Jul 27, 2017
Curious about the Vegan Diet?
Mary dishes out the what, how, & why of the Vegan Diet.
PLUS: The Weekly Nutrition Challenge!
Part 1 of a 3-part series.
(Part 2: The Paleo Diet. Part 3: The Anti-Inflammatory Diet)
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest info, tips, and advice about nutrition & lifestyle,...
Jul 20, 2017
Mary pours out info about the importance of hydration and tasty beverages…
The show includes:
* Why hydration is important for humans
* How much water/fluids should we consume?
* The method for determining optimum fluid intake
* Good news about a common beverage you might already consume
* Several great water...
Jul 13, 2017
Mary dishes up the salty truths about this spicy little ingredient.
- Why salt is necessary for humans
- Yes, too much salt can be bad
- A compelling study that debunks previous salt views
- The thing about potassium, magnesium, & calcium
- Salt alternatives
- Is "sea" salt better than regular salt?
Jul 6, 2017
Mary spills the beans about the benefits of legumes, pulses, and beans.
A hill of nutrition information, including:
- The benefits of beans
- Magnesium, potassium, antioxidants
- Fiber-rich food!
- Good source of protein
- Blue Zone communities
- How to get more beans in your diet
- Different varieties of beans